Advertising Buyer Leads
Portada inaugurates a new section called Advertising Buyer Leads: New leads and Intelligence about activity of Ad Agencies and National and Regional Advertisers. Market Intelligence to help media sales executives reach those buyers.
- Compass Bank is launching its new brand, BBVA Compass, across its six-state "legacy" footprint (312 branches in Texas, 92 in Alabama, 77 in Arizona, 44 in Florida, 33 in Colorado, and 21 in New Mexico). Beginning in the bank's Colorado Springs, CO market on October 15 and completing the transformation with its West Texas markets in the first quarter of 2009. The new brand is a result of Compass' year-long efforts to combine four of the BBVA Group's U.S. operating companies -- Compass Bank, State National Bank, Texas State Bank and LNB (formerly Laredo National Bank) -- under one enterprise. Compass Bank's brand change to BBVA Compass and new color scheme includes the replacement of all external and internal bank signage and new branding for www.compassbank.com, credit and check cards, ATM machines and other customer communications.
- Carrols Restaurant Group announced that is opening new units in the fourth quarter of 2008: Three Pollo Tropical restaurants in the Northeast, three or four Taco Cabana restaurants and two Burger King restaurants, one of which is a relocation of an existing unit. The Company also plans to close three Burger King restaurants in the fourth quarter including the one being relocated; Carrols Restaurant Group owns and operates two Hispanic Brand restaurants, Pollo Tropical and Taco Cabana. It is also the largest Burger King franchisee, based on number of restaurants, and has operated Burger King restaurants since 1976.
- Más Club (Wal-mart). Trying to tap into the growing spending power of Hispanics and the popularity of warehouse shopping, the Bentonville, Ark., chain recently announced that Houston will get the company’s first Más Club. Más means "more" in Spanish, and instead of the blue and white Sam’s Club logo, Más signs will be red and green, colors in the Mexican flag.
Other big box retailers who recently have opened Hispanic specific stores in the Houston area include Mi Tienda (HEB) and Costco. Loida Ruiz, Advertising Sales Director for Spanish-language publications at The Houston Chronicle tells Portada that “Mi Tienda runs in La Voz all the time. We don’t really get much from the others. Walmart is off and on. “
- Century 21 Real Estate. Saul Serna, SVP of Century 21, recently announced that the real estate broker has developed the Century 21 Hispanic Market Readiness Assesment Program (HMRA)), “We complement our brokers commitment to serve the Hispanic consumer and their communities with state-of-the-art marketing and advertising, 24/7 information in English and Spanish on our website and culturally focused Spanish-language marketing materials.”
· Kohl's Department Stores has increased its investment in direct mail, digital advertising and e-mail for its holiday marketing program this year. The far-reaching campaign also includes aggressive promotions, TV, radio ads, gift card kiosks and advertising targeting the Hispanic market. Online, Kohl's will take over the home pages of popular online sites including AOL, MSN and Yahoo. Kohl's has eight takeovers planned throughout the holiday season with the first promoting a pre-Thanksgiving sale event. The holiday program includes efforts specifically targeting the Hispanic market, such as a TV spot and print ads in popular Hispanic magazines.
- General Mills announced the launch of a unique, three-year, grassroots program especially developed to encourage Hispanic families and children to share tasty, healthy and nutritious food as part of their daily routine. Called Mente Sana en Cuerpo Sano (Sound Body, Sound Mind), it involves a 10-session curriculum created by The Bell Institute of Health and Nutrition. The community-relations initiative was developed in conjunction with the Boston-based Latino Nutrition Coalition, part of Oldways, and General Mills' Bell Institute of Health and Nutrition. It is being spearheaded by the company's Hispanic marketing platform, Que Rica Vida. Together, they have created practical, culturally-relevant materials in Spanish and English, designed to show Hispanics how to combine the best of their healthy food traditions with the realities of modern American life. The program will be launched this month by 14 community-based organizations (CBOs) throughout Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles and Northern California.
· Anheuser-Busch is taking ownership of Texas country music and has asked Mercury Mambo to assist them in achieving this goal. Based on their successful promotional campaigns for Budweiser, Bud-Light and Ziegenbock brands in Texas.
· Winglatino announced that Lee Maicon has joined the agency as Vice President, Head of Strategy, effective immediately.
Click here, for detailed contact information on Hispanic Corporate Marketers at these companies and the decision makers at their Advertising Agencies, in addition to information on more than 1,800 Leading Agency and Marketing/Advertising Directors who are targeting Hispanics. (Downloadable into an Excel Spreadsheet for seamless integration into your own database!).
Trackback from your site.