JumpTV Recalibrates Strategy
Jump TV has just announced that it is going to refocusing its business model to concentrate on two core content streams: Latin American television programming and Sports programming.
CEO Jordan Banks commented that the company’s strategy will consist of delivering high-value sports programming to a passionate audience, while also offering a broad range of Spanish-language programming.
Banks also introduced an 8-point list of objectives to guide Jump TV in its path ahead:
1. Become laser-focused on acquiring top-tier content to attract sports fans and Hispanic audiences;
2. Reduce costs related to acquiring and streaming all non-Latin American international content by creating partnerships with complementary media companies;
3. Explore the sale of the JumpTV content delivery network to maximize the value of the asset while minimizing the related ongoing operational cost to JumpTV;
4. Continue to build its advertising sales team;
5. Heighten focus on the JumpTV service layer to increase monetization of NCAA and international sports properties;
6. Increase engagement and interactivity for JumpTV users by immediately integrating a robust set of social media tools;
7. Consolidate offices and reconstitute a new executive team in Toronto to realize operational efficiencies and related savings from previous M&A activities; and
8. Continue to cull non-performing channels.
Dec. 10, 2007: Taking Radio and TV Advertising Online
Related Articles: Jan. 21, 2008 JumpTV Talks About 2010 FIFA Deal
Trackback from your site.