- Ruth Gaviria has been promoted to the position of publisher/executive director of Hispanic ventures for the Meredith Publishing Group. Gaviria joined Meredith in early 2004. Prior to that, she served as the director of marketing and brand development for People en Español. Meredith will launch a new Hispanic women's magazine in spring of 2005 (see “Meredith's new Hispanic title to emphasize practical issues,” page 3, Portada® No. 12, November/December 2004). Gaviria's promotion gives her a pivotal role in leading the soon-to-be launched women's magazine.
- Shirley Brendlinger was named sales manager at Al Día-Philadelphia. Her prior position was business development manager.
- Ana Hoy is the new advertising director at Impacto USA (Media News Group, circ. 250,000). Hoy replaces Xavier Campos.
- Teclo Garcia of Brownsville, Texas was named editor of The Arizona Republic's new section for English-speaking Hispanics. Previously, Garcia worked as editor at the Brownsville Herald, a Freedom Communications Inc. newspaper.
- Gene Chavez was named assistant director/alternate publication distribution in circulation at The Dallas Morning News. Chavez most recently served as circulation director at Al Día, the Dallas/Ft. Worth based Spanish-language daily published by Belo Corp.
- Vincent Casanova was promoted to head of circulation at Tribune Publishing. Tribune publishes the Hoy Spanish-language newspapers.
Trackback from your site.